You have created a report that uses the setting Show Master Data for the field ABC. This means that even if there are no key figure values for some entries of the field ABC, all the entries will still be shown. You then set this report to be displayed as chart, and create a dashboard on it.
You notice that in the HTML5 dashboard, the report chart does not show the master data for the field ABC, but instead only those entries are shown for which there are key figure values.
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to HMTL5 and go to the work center Analysis, view Dashboards.
- Select the dashboard DEF (it contains the report chart with the master data setting).
The chart only shows a few entries, not all of them as you would expcet due to the Show Master Data setting.
There is a limitation in the HMTL5 UI, with regards to dashboards and the report setting Show Master Data. If characteristics are added to the columns (rather than rows), master data attributes are not displayed in dashboards.
If you really need the Show Master Data setting in your dashboard, there are several workarounds for this behaviour:
- The same setup works fine as a table. You can change your report display to the table view.
- Move all characteristics to the rows, and only keep the key figures in the columns. Please note that if you have several characteristics in the rows, the one showing the master data should be shown last (i.e. at the bottom of the characteristic list or to the very right in the table).
- You can also display this dashboard in RUI, since the limitation is specific to HTML5.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Product Enhancement