What is standard Position Transfer behavior?
Position Transfer takes place in the following scenarios.
- When a manager makes changes on the Update Employee Records page.
- When the incumbent's supervisor changes.
First, the system searches for an existing position with the status To Be Hired below the new manager's position and it assigns the employee to this position. However, if there is no such existing position, the system creates a new position below the new manager's position and assigns the employee to this position. The new position is created with the current FTE of the employee assigned to the position.
Please note the following:
- The position left behind does not get To Be Hired status and the new position is created without To Be Hired status.
- If direct reports were assigned to the transferred employee, these direct reports are assigned to the employee's previous manager. Lower-level positions are not changed.
- If another position was selected manually when Job Information was changed, Position Transfer does not take place.
Automatic Create , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem