Before the 1608 update:
1) You selected New Ticket.
2) You had the choice of Service Request or Employee support ticket.
3) After selecting the above, the ticket quick create popup opened.
After the 1608 update:
1) Select New Ticket.
2) The ticket quick create popup opens and the only choice in Type field is Employee Support Ticket.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Service workcenter
2. Go to the Tickets View
3. click New to create a new ticket
When the Customer Service Scenario is being used, the Employee Support workcenter view under workcenter Service should not be assigned to the Customer Service user. Even the Deprecated workcenter EMPLOYEE SUPPORT should also ideally not be assigned.
With the 1608 release, such wrong assignments become more prominent due to underlying changes.
Hence, if any user by mistake is assigned to the Employee support workcenter view, while using the customer service scenario, then the user is considered using the Employee Support scenario and not Customer Service. As consequence of that, the Ticket type field would show only the list of ticket types for Employee Support and not for Customer Service.
The ticket type field is available in the Ticket quick create as personalization field and can be enabled if you choose to change the TICKET type.
Separate users for performing Customer Service OR Employee Support have to be created.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To