Does SAP Jam keep a record of all internal employee communications (even if deleted) and is there a time limitation for storing this data?
This is a common question for our Financial Services customers.
Yes, SAP Jam supports an in-product user interface for authorized company administrators to download all contents from within a given group as a single .zip file, this includes all conversations, forum posts, comments, document contents, etc., in a machine-readable format suitable for a legal hold.
In addition, SAP Jam provides APIs access to:
- Audit log information on all document uploads and downloads.
- Usage reporting logs that provide information on how often a document has been used, if ever.
- Usage reporting logs that provide information on when a document or set of documents was last updated.
- The ability to download individual documents in their original format (PPT, Word, Excel).
- The ability to download all group content as .zip file.
When something is deleted in SAP Jam it goes into a recoverable state vs a permanent delete. This state is known as the 'trash'. In this case the data is stored for as long as the customers desire until they terminate their contract. There is no time limitation.
If the Company Admin elects to purge deleted data (permanent delete of all items in the trash) then the deleted data will not be on a zip file run after the purge date; however, the deletion event and the person who deleted the data will show up in the file.
This audit log also applies to Company Admins and when Content Administration is being leveraged.
Content can therefore be kept, archived and maintained according to company data retention policies.
SAP Jam Record Internal Employee Communications Limitation Storage Data Security Report , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To