When running an ORD report an Error - Role Based Security Prevent the viewing of the component - appears. See below screenshot:
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Online Report Designer (ORD)
- Analytics & Reporting
- Detailed Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
You run a ORD report based on Live Data, the system return error Role Based Security Prevent the viewing of the component
The user do not have sufficient permission to view a module content for Domain such as "Employee Profile", "Succession" etc.
There are two resolution for this issue:
1) In order to Run, Create and View ORD Live data report, user has to be granted the permisson in BizX to Run or Create Ad hoc report based on Subdomain schema such as Employee Profile.
- User does not have sufficient permission to view this query and User cannot run report on "emp_profile" for oqtAdHocThree / Other domain such as Succession etc.
- Go in the admin center > User role search > check for the user role permission
- Go to Manage Role Permission > Permission > adhoc report > Run Adhoc Report > Check if the Domain is selected (Example: Employee Profile)
- Grant the permission, save
- Go to Analytics > run the report again
See the screenshot:
2) The second solution is to check if the report has at least one measure and column select. See below an incorrect example:
See correct example:
- Online Report designer
- Composite table
- RBP error
- Role base permission error