Purchase order not picking correct Bill-To address from organization unit.
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to check the Bill- To -Address in the Purchase Order
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Choose the Purchase Orders view.
- Find and Edit the Purchase XYZ.
- Navigate to Output History tab.
- Open the output document and here you can see the Bill-To Address.
Steps to check the Bill- To -Address in Organization Unit
- Go to Organizational Management.
- Choose the Org Structures view.
- Click 'Advanced' button
- Org Unit ID:ABC
- Click Find
- Click Edit and move to Addresses tab
- Check the Bill-To Address maintained.
When ever the Master data is changed, the purchase order instances which have used this master data will not get updated automatically.
If the newly created Purchase Order data is copied from the existing Purchase Order, the Bill -To address data is also copied as is from the source Purchase Order.
Steps to rectify the issue:
- Open the Purchase Order note down the original Bill-T
- Change the Bill-To to some other value in the value-help
- Assign back the original Bill-To
- In the Purchase Order forms that are newly generated for this Purchase Order the Bill-To Address will have the latest address.
- You can confirm this by Preview -> Changed PO or by Send Update.
When a master data(like this address) is changed, kindly refrain from 'copying' the Purchase Order data to avoid such old data issues. Even if you copy the Purchase Order, kindly refresh the relevant field as suggested above to update the latest data.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To