You cannot select a certain Expense Type when you create a new Expense Report.
Reproducing the Issue
- Goto Travel and Expense work center
- Switch to Common Tasks view
- Click New Expense Report on Behalf of
- Enter an Employee ID
- Select Report Type = Receipts Only
- Maintain a Description
- Press Next
- Under Expenses click Add Row
- In Expense Type you cannot select the Expense type even it is maintained in Business Configuration work center.
In work center Business Configuration you have not only to maintain the Definition and Account Determination of the Expense Type but also the Expense Reimbursement Group.
- Goto Business Configuration work center.
- Find Expense Reporting - ABC where ABC is the Country.
- Press Change Immediately.
- Click Edit Expense Types.
- Select Expense Type CDE.
- Under Details make sure that not only Definition and Account Determination have Valid To Dates in the future but also the Expense Reimbursement Group.
- Switch to tab Expense Reimbursement Group.
- Select a Valid From date which is the same as in tab Definition and Account Determination and maintain a Valid to Date in the future.
- Switch to tab Definition.
- Check that the desired flags are marked, e.g flag Trip-Based is marked if you want to use expense type in business trips.
- Under Group for Expense Reimbursement choose All.
- Press Save and Close.
In the new Expense Report the Expense Type CDE should be selectable now.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To