Assign Me as Owner Action on Workflow Rule does not work when an Account is created via Lead Conversion.
Reproducing the Issue
You set up a Workflow with Action: Assign Me as Owner to an Account with Timing: On Creation Only but it does not work specifically to the case of Lead Conversion created Account.
Reproducing the scenario:
- Sales Work Centre;
- Leads View;
- Open Lead ID 123 (123 represents the Lead ID);
- It is assigned to Company XYZ;
- Click on Actions > Convert To Opportuntiy;
- On the Opportuntiy Quick Create you fill in the necessary data;
- Click on Save;
- Besides Opportunity 123, Account XYZ has also been created;
- However, the Workflow Rule is not triggered and the assignment of Owner did not take place.
Technically speaking, when a Lead is converted, no Account is created. Instead, the system changes the Status of an Account from In Preparation to Active. In other words, the Account is created on the background with In Preparation Status and then the Status is changed during the Lead conversion.
To make the rule work, you need to make some changes:
- Timing to On Every Save;
- and Condition Status (Before Change) to "In Preparation".
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To