You are creating a new employee, but you cannot set the Id of the respective employee manually.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administrator work center
- Click on Employees view
- Click on New button, then Employee
- Employee Id will be greyed out
This is the expected system behavior when the Interval option from the activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents is set as Automatic.
You need to change the setting of the Interval option under the activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents to Manual
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select First Implementation Project and click on Open Activity List
- Select the tab All
- Select All activities in the Show drop down menu
- Search for Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents activity and open it
- Select the option Number range for employees under Available Number Ranges
- Under the column Intervals change the Type option to Manual
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To