When adding dependents, the field Is Address Same as Employee was missing even through there were no data model changes that could have possibly caused the field to disappear.
SuccessFactors - Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Personal Information of an employee.
2. On the Dependents portlet, click Edit.
3. Click on Details link.
4. Under Person Relationship section, notice that the Is Address Same as Employee is missing.
This was a change in 1605 release wherein the field was updated to refer to the latest default field visibility.
If Business Configuration is enabled for your instance, add the field back to the data model and grant necessary permissions for the field. If feature is not enabled, please reach out to Cloud Product Support team to request for assistance in restoring the field.
To add the field:
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Business Configuration.
2. Go to personRelationshipInfo section.
3. Click on Take Action > Make Correction.
4. Under HRIS Fields, select the is-address-same-as-person as identifier, then set the label for the field.
5. Set Enabled to Yes then click on Details link to set the field visibility to Edit.
6. Click Save.
To grant permission for the field:
1. Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles.
2. Select permission role where you want to grant the field permission.
3. Click on Permission... button.
4. Under User Permissions, select Employee Central Effective Dated Entities.
5. Grant appropriate permissions for the field then save the changes to apply the permissions.
Once necessary permissions have been granted, you should now be able to see the field when adding Dependents.
Dependents Management, Is Address Same as Employee , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem