When importing Employee Central data files you find the speed at which the file completes varies. What causes the variability and how can you maximize the speed in which Employee Central data can be imported?
The time is it takes the system to complete the import process is affected by a variety of influencing factors. These factors include but are not limited to:
- Type of data being imported
- Size of the file (number of records) being imported
- Whether the import uses the purge or incremental option
- Whether business rules execution during the import process is enabled or disabled
- Number of business rules being triggered and the complexity of the rules executed
- Whether the data imported affects other data; For example job information affecting position data or time off data
- The number of import threads used in the Company System and Logo Settings
- Batch size setting in the Company System and Logo Settings
Different practices have varying affects on import processing time. You may choose to employ these practices as appropriate to maximize import speed. The list below represents only some of the methods you may want to consider.
To enhance the system performance during imports you may choose to use some of the following methods:
- Use full purge instead of incremental load if possible (usually for initial load only)
- Use an import thread count of 5 (via Company Systems and Logo Settings)
- Use a batch size of 500 for imports (via Company System and Logo Settings)
- Disable "Rules execution during Job Information import" (via Company Systems and Logo Settings)
- Use smaller file sizes for large data sets (usually 10k records or less)
- Choose to import field data instead of using business rules to propagate the field during import
For a comprehensive list of practices and methods you may employ which affect the import process, please refer to the Employee Central Imports Adminstration Guide which may be found on the SAP Help Portal Page for Employee Central.
Import, performace, speed, slow, maximize, size , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem