This KBA has been created to capture all known validation errors for the EC Standard Reports.
- You should have implemeted Advanced Reporting for EC before to implement this Reports. This reports are dedicated to Advanced Reporting only. Simply contact your Support or Partner for the Advance Reporting implementation.
- Employee Central configuration should be almost completed before to implement this report.
- Once the reports uploaded, you should validate this EC standard Reports and might face validation error that are expected. This template are designed for a EC standard configuration. If your Employee Central has specific configuration or not using specific feature such as TimeOff, this report will show validation erorr that are expected.
How to download the template?
There is 2 versions of advanced Reporting templates:
- ODS Legacy: EC Report Templates Pre-1505
- Our New advanced Reporting UI (For all advabced Reporting implementations after B1505 release): EC Report Templates for 1505
You can download individual reports if you desire to upload a specific report or the global reports which contain all EC reports template.
Make sure you take the right Advanced Reporting version with the correct release.
EC Report Templates:
Templates created for use in Advanced Reporting, that cover common reporting requirementsand use cases.
The EC Report Templates are generated from a “best-fit” scenario –which means they will typically include the more commonly configured objects and data in Employee Central.
This “best-fit” scenario may differ from individual EC configurations and as such, a Validation Tool in Advanced Reporting has been provided to more easily make any small changes necessary to a template to for it to run successfully in it’s target instance.
Load report templates
The Employee Central Standard Reports are available in the form of an encrypted xml file, which contains the report definition. Storing the templates in xml allows for quick and easy transportation of the report definition.
It contains no data results and is set of “instructions” for building the report in the target instance.
Before you begin:
- Ensure your account has the necessary permissions to access the Report Transferfunction. This can be quickly confirmed by navigating to the Adminpage in Analytics. If you can see Report Transferoption then you have the required permission. If you cannot see this option, please raise a case with Customer Support or have your SuccessFactorsadmin add the Report Transfer permission to your account.
- Ensure you have the bundle of EC Standard Report templates that are applicable for the b1505 Advanced Reporting interface. Bundles specific to this interface will be marked as “for 1505 UI”.
- Ensure you have saved the report template package from the Customer Community to your computer. This package will include individual report templates (for loading selected reports) and a single file that contains all report templates (for bulk loading all available report templates).
- Note that the report transfer process will overwrite any existing report that has the same name as the transferred template. To prevent this, note the names of existing reports and rename any that has the same name as the report/s intending to be transferred.
Identifying Report Package templates and Single Report templates, elect the xml package to be uploaded
Load the package
If loading all report templates available in the file, drag the top folder (EC Standard Reportsin this example) from the Available Reportsbox, to the Selected Reportsbox and click Upload Selections.
If loading only selected report templates available in the file, individually drag reports from the Available Reportsbox, to the Selected Reportsbox and click Upload Selections.
A status screen will display showing the success/failure of the report transfer. If there were existing reports with the same name, they will now be overwritten with the new template. Please raise a case with Support should any reports fail to upload.
How to validate reports?
Employee Central can be configured in many different ways –each individual to the particular needs of the instance.
The Employee Central Standard Reports are built from EC configuration that may not be exactly the same as the target instance that the report templates will be loaded to.
Report Validation is a tool that is used to search for any parts of the report template definition that do not match the EC configuration of the target instance.
It then assists users with updating the report definition so that it matches the configuration in the target instance thus allowing the report to run successfully.
Before you begin
Ensure your account has the necessary permissions to access the Instance Validationfunction. This can be quickly confirmed by navigating to the Adminpage in Analytics.
If you can see the Instance Validation option then you have the required permission. If you cannot see this option, please raise a case with Customer Support or have your SuccessFactorsadmin add the Report Transfer permission to your account.
How to ReportsNavigate to the Instance Validation page in Analytics Admin
Guide to validate the reports are available in the MarketPlace
Tips and Tricks - How to Fix validation errors
- 2357566 How to fix Standard Report Validation Error for Phone and Email Addess Error
- 2357567 How to fix Standard Report validation error for missing MDF Tables
- 2357604 How to fix Standard Report Validation Group Errors or Single Error
- 2357821 - EC Standard Report Validation Errors Descriptions, Cause and Fix - tips and tricks
- Online Report Designer
- Standart Report
- EC Report templates
- Validation Error
- Missing Fields
- Missing Tables