Once a recruiter, hiring manager, or other authorized user decides to hire a candidate to fill a job requisition, the offer process consists of assembling details of the offer that will be extended to the candidate, routing these details for approval, generating an offer letter using tokens from the requisition, application and offer details form and extending an offer letter to a candidate. This Knowledge Base Article provides tipis and tricks for the XML configuration of the Offer Detail template, as well as FAQ for Offer approval issues.
Offer Detail XML
Step 1: Define Offer Detail XML template
- Define field definitions
- NOTE: Verify with the Implementation guide the list of standard field definitions and make yourself familiar with the special functionalities for the standard fields;
- Define mobile fields
Step 2: Upload XML
Step 3: Configure custom tokens
Step 4: Define feature permission "offerApproval" in the job requisition template
Offer Detail Tips & Tricks:
- If a customer wants some fields to be read-only on the Offer Approval, they should use Offer Approval standard fields. If field values are changed on the source template, the new values will override the value on the offer approval, and any already approved versions. If a customers want all version history tracked in the offer approval, they should only use standard fields that are not read only and reportable custom fields. Standard fields in the SAP integration and standard reports will also need to be updated.
- Do not change the field type of a field; this can cause application errors on existing records storing data that do not match the new field type.
- If referencing fields from the requisition or application, this label must match the label in the Requisition or Application XML template (the type of the field has to remain the same as well
- As a best practice, configure the offer letter or approval feature in all steps where users need access to the offer information. For example if you allow users to create an offer approval at the Offer Approval stage, it's likely the user should have access to the offer approval detail in the steps following Offer Approval, such as Offer Extended, Background Check, and Hired. If the feature is not enabled for the additional steps, users will not have access to that detail in the UI.
- In order to define country in the Offer Detail template populating information from the standard country field in the Job requisition and ensure no functionality loss, you have to define "country" with the "picklist" type in the Offer Detail template (the country in the job requisition template has to remain a "derived" field type). More information can be found in the following Knowledge Base Article: 2377270
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To