When the user attempts to save a home/business address in the Personal Profile, an application error occurs upon save.
SAP SuccessFactors: Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the Employee Central instance
- Navigate to "My Employee Profile"
- Select a user, or use the current logged in user
- Under the "Public Profile" dropdown, select "Personal Information"
- Under the "Addresses Portlet", click Edit
- Add an address
- Fill in the required fields including Province and Zip Code
- Click Save
The picklist item associated with Province hris-field had empty/invalid external codes for the picklist items. Due to this, the validation checks failed to execute and threw an unhandled application exception.
Ensure the external code is populated. In this case, the PROVINCE_CAN picklist did not have any values in the external_code fields. A screenshot attached with the valid values are below with the current values in b1605.
Home Address, Corporate Address, homeAddress, corporateAddress, Picklist, Application Error, external_code, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, North-west territories, Nunavut, Yukon , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem