In the C4C application, parallel editing of the same instance is possible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the system as agent ABC (ABC represents the user name of that agent).
- Go to the Service work centre.
- Go to the Ticket view.
- Open any Ticket 123 (123 represents the Ticket ID).
- Enter Edit mode (any form of Edit mode).
- Log into the system with a second agent DEF (DEF represents the user name of the second agent).
- Repeat steps 2. - 5.
- With agent DEF make any change and click Save.
RESULT: Despite ABC having the Ticket in Edit mode, DEF can make changes and save those to the Ticket.
This is expected system behaviour.
The data which is saved first wins, that data will be saved - this overrules the first agent. The system throws a warning that the data is being edited in parallel sessions explaining that two people are trying to change it simultaneously.
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To