The profit center and segment are shown as # when executing the Trial Balance.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger workcenter.
- Go to List subview.
- In the Trial Balance report, maintain the required parameters (Company details, Set of Books, Accounting Period/Year and G/L Account)
- Under the G/L Account Reporting Structure: Move the elements Segment, Profit Center, and Business Transaction Type to Rows
- Click Go to execute the report
You'll see that the Segment field is shown as #
One of the reasons for this behavior is that the default profit center is not maintained for the company in the Business Configuration activity.
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Open the activity list
- Select Fine Tune Activity Profit Center Derivation
- Click Edit Default Profit Center
- Maintain the Profit Center and Save.
Once you execute the Trial Balance report again, the Profit Center and Segment will be displayed in the report.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To