You can now control the WFA permission using BizX Role Based Permissions.
This feature is an OPT-IN and you should read our recommendations and how to implement it.
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
To be considered
- This functionality is opt in and will require customers to perform pre-planning steps before opting in.
- The intent is to work towards a simplified administration experience for role administrators where they don’t have to visit multiple tools to manage permissions.
- Most components of WFA roles fit well into the SuccessFactors RBP Role Framework however some components will behave in a slightly different manner.
- For example the SuccessFactors RBP Role Framework allows users to be in multiple roles giving a user a permission profile that is effectively a union of all permissions in all roles.
This is something that was not available in WFA.
This opens up the possibility for role administrators to think differently about more optimal and efficient ways they might implement WFA permissions now.
- When adopting this new capability SAP SuccessFactors recommends that customers carefully consider these variances up front.
- That’s why we have designed for customers to be able to spend time configuring first before enabling the capability.
- This allows time to experience the features and test comprehensively priorto adoption in live environments.
- Since the scope of the RBP role is not identical to the WFA role, there is no direct migration path from the WFA roles to the RBP roles for existing WFA instances: Measure and Dimension permissions along with Tree Security will have to be reconfigured for the RBP roles.
However, the configuration of RBP roles is more efficient than WFA roles, since not all permissions required for a user need be applied to one role: multiple, smaller-scoped, specific-use roles may be the most appropriate utilisation.
For this reason, an initial implementation of this functionality under a test instance is the recommended approach.
Our guide to implement RBP is available on our Help Portal.
If you are one of the the following customers may consider adopting this feature:
- Net New Workforce Analytics instances
- New Workforce Analytics Test instances
- New Workforce Planning instances
Once implemented, you should have the option available in the "Reporting and Analytics" section in Admin Centre.
For WFA, as RBP permissions are different with WFA role, you should consider to configure your RBP permissions for WFA as follow:
Q: Are the permission identical between RBP and WFA?
A: No, the scope of the RBP role and WFA role are not identical.
Q: Can we just migrate the WFA role straight into RBP?
A: No, since the scope of the RBP role is not identical to the WFA role, it is not possible to directly migrate the path from the WFA roles to the RBP roles for existing WFA instances.
Q: Why should we migrate to RBP and not to maintain WFA permissions?
A: The configuration of RBP roles is more efficient than WFA roles, since not all permissions required for a user need be applied to one role: multiple, smaller-scoped, specific-use roles may be the most appropriate utilisation. For this reason, an initial implementation of this functionality under a test instance is the recommended approach.
Role Permissions, Maintenance, WFA, ODS, Advanced , FAQ, Guide Implement, Based, Admin centre, Reporting, RBP, migrate , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , Problem