*This article is dedicated to partners and internal resources*
This article explains the creation of API credentials.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK) - All Versions
The API credentials and Security Key are used in many parts of the system, as the Real Time Job Sync integration, for example.
See below the steps to create the API credentials. If you are not confident on doing this (or the security key), open a QuickBase task requesting the API Credentials for the customer.
1. In Command, navigate to Integrations > Manage API Credentials > Create New Provider User
2. The Provider ID pre-populates, but you can click (Re)Generate to create a new one. Enter a Provider Name, User Name and Password. Click (Re)Generate to create a system-generated password. The Provider Name should reference the name of the provider and source type, where applicable.
3. Select the source type: JATS = Job ATS Integration or UAPI = TC Member API
4. Select a Source Number. This is used to differentiate different sources of the same type for example if a site had two JATS feeds, one could be JATS-1 and the other JATS-2.
5. Click: Back to cancel any unsaved changes and return to the list of provider users.
6. Click Cancel to erase any unsaved changes and return the form data to previous saved values.
7. Click Save to save any changes
8. Click the tablet icon to the left of an entry in the API credential list to edit it.
9. To temporarily disable a set of provider user credentials, change the password rather than deleting the record. Modifying the username or password of an existing entry renders the previous values invalid. This could cause existing integrations to fail until the integration partner receives and implements the new credentials.
10. Click the red X to delete existing API credentials.
The Security key must meet these specifications:
1. At least 20 characters long
2. At least one upper and one lower case letter
3. At least one numeric character
4. At least one special character/punctuation
Note: The Security key must be handled carefully to ensure it is not disclosed to unauthorized parties. The key must also be exactly the same in both the Recruiting Marketing and Recruiting Management systems.
IMPORTANT: For requests to migrate a customer from Job Scrape (Kapow) to Real Time Job Sync, a QuickBase task with the Job Import team must be opened, as this technical team will create the Security Key and API Credentials, and ensure that there are no issues with the job requisitions ID for the customer (it can cause loss in candidate data).
API Credentials Security Key Recruiting Marketing RMK , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , How To