- This KBA explains the refresh process for Workforce Analytics Data.
- WFA Refreshes are carried out by your dedicated PS-IS WFA consultant.
- NOT to be confused to SuccessFactors Employee Central / Talent (BizX) data.
SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
What is a WFA Refresh?
WFA refresh is a task to update your WFA instances with the new information, files provided on our WFA SFTP.
- As of today, WFA is based on extracted files that are provided by the customer from different HRIS system or extracted from your Successfactors environment by internal script.
- These steps are defined during the WFA implementation with your Professional Service. Internally, we, SuccessFactors, refresh manually your WFA data once the files are provided or received on the WFA SFTP.
The Refresh Process
Once WFA implemented and live, you should have been provided by your PS team the following:
- WFA refresh Frequency (Bi-weekly/ Monthly?)
- What date is plan the refresh?
- A dedicated SuccessFactors SFTP with credentials.
- Do the customer provide the Extract files on the SFTP or we run a script to export your information from SuccessFactors automatically? (This is defined during your implementation)
- If the you send the files manually through WFA SFTP, you should notify CPS when the files are available to process for the WFA refresh.
(See section: Contact CPS for WFA Refresh).
- The file should also respect the name and format provided by the PS-IS team.
- In case of different format or incorrect name, Our ADR system will not be able to retrieve your WFA files and to process for the refresh.
Contact CPS for your WFA refresh
- You should contact us once you have sent the files required through your WFA SFTP dedicated.
- Make sure the files are in the correct format and name for us to process for the WFA refresh.
- Refresh incident should be open using Launchpad: https://launchpad.support.sap.com
WFA: Workforce Analytics application
ADR: Automated Data Retrieval
PS-IS: Professional Services Information Services Team - This is the team that process the WFA monthly refresh.
- Report produced by PS-IS to highlight variances in key input measures across multiple time periods (End of period headcount, Terminations,Hires etc).
- This report can indicate potential data issues for the refresh.
Missing Codes Report:
- Customers typically update dimension values eg Job Type, Recruitment Source.
- These new values may begin to appear in the employee data however the dimension hierarchy may not have been updated by the customer.
- This report highlights these 'unallocated' codes to allow the customer to update their HRIS in preparation for the next refresh.
WFA, Refresh, Workforce, Analytics, pre-pub, preview, production, Analytics, ORD, WFP, measures, dimensions, ETL , KBA , refresh , wfa , process , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , How To