- "Document Generation" rule type is not showing up when trying to create a new basic rule and choose the rule type dropdown.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
- Document Generation feature
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into Successfactors and navigate to admin tools
- Open up the "Configure Business Rule" tool
- Click on "create new rule" button because you want to create a rule that can be used within document generation mapping.
- Choose basic rule option
- Give your rule a name and click on the dropdown for "Rule Type"
- Note how you do NOT see the "DocumentGeneration" rule type in the list.
There could be two reasons for why you do not see this option in the rule type dropdown:
- You did not add this rule type to the RuleType picklist.
- You added the rule type to the picklist, but you have insert the new picklist record with a later start date.
- During initial setup and configuration the step to add the new rule type may have been missed. To fix this you would simply go into the "configure Object definitions" tool and search for "picklist" called "RuleType". In here add or modify the ruletype by adding a new option called "DocumentGeneration". Please see "document Generation implementation guide on http://help.sap.com/hr_ec/ for more detailed info.
- If you did already add this ruletype; you may have used the insert option and it created a new record with effective start date that is later than the start date of the new rule you are trying to create. Bottomline is that the specific ruletype will not show up in the ruletype dropdown if the startdate of the rule you are trying to create is before the effective start date of the picklist value in the ruletype picklist itself. Either set the startdate of the rule to be after the date or modify the ruletype picklist effective start date to be an earlier date.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1602 ; SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1605