- Unable to read the formula.
- Strange characters displayed in the Formula Editor.
- Unable to modify a formula because when opening it in the Formula Workshop in Crystal Reports, it displays unreadable characters.
- When opening the same report on a different computer, it is possible to see the formula text.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports designer, open a report.
- Edit a formula, by right clicking on a formula, and selecting "Edit..."
- In the "Formula Workshop" window, notice the formula displays unreadable characters, and therefore it is not possible to modify the formula.
- The font used to display the formula text is either unavailable, or it is a font that does not have alphanumeric characters, like a barcode font.
- Change the Formula Editor Font in Crystal Reports designer:
- Open Crystal Reports designer.
- Under the menu "File", select "Options..."
- In the "Options" window, select the tab: "Formula Editor"
- In the "Formula Editor" options, change the font.
Note: We generally suggest to use a fixed font size, like "Courier New", but you can select any fonts.
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
Note: Options selected in this menu, are for Crystal Reports designer, for the specific computer only. Those options are not stored with the report.
CR, Formula Editor, Barcode text , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016