The required fields are correctly configured in your PM form, however there is no required field validation when routing the form.
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the form.
- Do not populate the required field.
- Send the form to the next step.
- You will be able to send the form to the next step without filling the required field.
Attribute mgt-only="true" is configured for the section in form template. This attribute is an obsolete configuration in PMv12A form. Even on PMv11 form, the required field validation won't be checked with value "true".
The configuration can be checked in the form template's xml. Go to Admin Center > Form Template Settings > select the template > click on Download Form Template.
To change the value of of the attribute mgt-only to "false" in the section where the required field is configured, please contact Support to help update your form template.
In case mgt-only is already set to false and the required field is still not validated, please also check the following:
- Check again the required field permissions and make sure the minimum value is set to 1 for custom text or textarea fields and comment fields.
- For List type custom field, ensure that Custom Element's list's value type is selected correctly and the List Element's value must NOT be left blank.
- 2369047 - Performance Management form does not validate the Required Field Permission
- 2305934 - Required Fields not working in Performance Management and 360 Multi Rater Forms
- 2479703 - Required subject rating or item rating not validated as incomplete items in the form
- 2613544 - Required Custom List Field not validated in PM form
required field permission, required field validation, custom fields, custom element, list field , KBA , LOD-SF-PM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem