You have defined rules for payment startegy assignment to supplier accounts, however upon executing a payment run you notice that the supplier accounts have the wrong strategy assigned.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center.
- Go to Payment Run view
- Open the concerned Application Log.
- Navigate to the Results tab.
You see that the run processed some supplier accounts, however with a payment strategy assignment that does not agree with the strategy assignment rules set in Business Configuration.
The payment startegy rules can be seen as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Open the Activity List.
- Open activity Payment Strategies
- Click Assign Payment Strategy to Company/Customer/Supplier
You have defined a supplier range with logical operators of type GE (Grater or Equal), GT (Greater Then), LT (Less Then), ect. Nevertheless, these operators are not supported to define a range for payment strategy assignment. Only EQ (Equal) is supported.
Since the assignment was made with not supported operators (GE, GT, LT, etc) the supplier's payment strategy is not correctly assigned, hence the default payment stratgey is used.
You need to change the assignment rules and only use the EQ operator.
In case you have a big number of accounts to maintain, you can:
- Download the list of supplier accounts to Excel via Supplier Accounts view under Payables.
- Sort the list of accounts
- In the Assign Payment Strategy to Company/Customer/Supplier screen, click Download.
- Copy the sorted IDs from the first file to the second file. Maintain the operator and Payment Strategy using Excel shortcuts.
- Upload this file and activate the rules.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To