You open a report ABC (where ABC represents the name of the report) and click on the value help of a selection field which is a date. You notice that the value help does not offer you any values to choose from. In addition, no relative selection like Yesterday etc is available.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the respective work center and open the report.
- There is a date field in the selection. Click on the value help.
No relative selections nor any direct values are offered.
The field in question is a field of type DATE_TIME. It does not only show a date, but a combination of date and time, for example 01.01.2016 00:00:00 UTC. For DATE_TIME fields, no value help entries nor relative selections can be supported. If we allowed entries here, the system would load a value for every second, for example:
01.01.2016 00:00:00 UTC
01.01.2016 00:00:01 UTC
01.01.2016 00:00:02 UTC
And so on.
Such values are not practical. Additionally, they would cause performance issues in the system, hence it is not supported.
Date time fields in selections cannot be supported generally. Please note that for some fields it is possible to type in the values manually, however this is not a generic feature feasible for all date time fields. If it is supported for your field, please make sure you enter the spaces correctly between the date, time and time zone:
If you would like to check if a field is of type DATE_TIME, you can proceed as follows:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Data Sources.
- Search for the respective data source and open the documentation (click on the link in the Documentation column).
- Look for your field and check the Characteristic ID.
If it ends with DATE_TIME, this document is applicable.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement