- Admin is trying to send an ad-hoc notification to any user,
- "from address" is not prepopulated automatically, neither can be typed in
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to any user and try to send an ad- notification for this user
- In next step you will see that from address is not prepopulated with any address and you cannot type in any address
The admin Email address has to be populated on admin record if the option "admin" is selected for "send notification from" settings
SystemAdmin>Configuration>GlobalVariables>mail tab - "send notification from"
There are three possible options you can select from.
1. If you select "free form" - it means that for each ad-hoc notification, you can type whatever address you want (if this is not selected, then you cannot type there),
2. If you select "Admin option" (this caused the issue), then the from address will be automatically prepopulated with the email address of the admin who is currently logged in.
However, if the admin does not have an email address set up please go to the admin account SystemAdmin >admin management >search for the admin> add email address in summary
3. If you select the last option "Select from list" - then you can type each email addresses deliminated by comma and they will be displayed in a drop down menu when sending an ad-hoc notification and selecting from address.
from address cannot be typed in, ad hoc notification, send notification from , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem