In Worc Center Time Administration, the Day Closure for an employee fails and to the following error messages appear:
Creation of period closure date for employee ID XXX failed. Sufficient quota required for posting on DD.MM.YYYY to account ABC.
However, the account ABC has enough quota (days) for deduction
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Time Administration work Center.
2. Select the Regular Tasks view.
3. Select the Administer Day Closure Runs subview.
4. Show All runs.
5. Find the respective run and click on the Application Log ID.
6. Select the Results tab.
- The error may appear when a sufficient amount of quota days has been adjusted to Account ABC, but a deduction posting already happened beforehand. For example vacation is posted before an adjustment of vacation days happened. Therefore the provided vacation days cannot be used for the vacation posting.
- The error may appear, when an account starts mid- year or later. When employees are hired mid-year, you must manually assign a pro rata leave entitlement for the remainder of the current year. The system does not automatically calculate and assign a mid-year or mid-month accrual or entitlement. Therefore an adjustment needs to be set for an appropriate balance to allow vacation to be posted and deducted correctly from the Time Account.
1. Go to the Time Administration work center.
2. Select the Employees view.
3. Select the respective Employee and the Edit button.
4. Go to the Time Account Balances tab.
5. Go to the Adjustments subtab.
6. Change the start of Adjustments to a date before the first deduction posting happens, respectively assign an appropriate balance to allow vacation to be posted.
7. Perform a Day Closure Run for the Employee
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To