- A custom set, custom member or custom calculation created by one user is not available to others.
- "Role based security prevents viewing of this component" message is thrown for some users running WFA reports with custom members
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics: Query Workspace & Report Designer
Reproducing the Issue
Custom members not available for some users:
- Go to Query Workspace and click Edit -> Edit Custom Measures/Dimensions.
- Find the custom element in question. You may need to switch from the default Custom Members section to one of the other two.
- Switch users and repeat, to see whether the same element appears.
"Role Based security" issue:
- Create a WFA report with custom members (that you have created)
- Share the report with other users
- Try to run the report with one of the other users
- See the "Role based security" issue
Custom elements are private by default. They must be deliberately made public, because once public they cannot be made private again.
In Edit Custom Measures/Dimensions, click Status in the Manage Custom ______ panel. (The name changes depending on section.)
Depending on where users other than the creator need to use the element, click one or both of the X next to its name to make it public in that area.
Available areas are Query Designer (Query Workspace, Report Designer) and Analysis Pane (use in measure pages, runtime filters).
If you make an element public by mistake, you must delete it and recreate it because the tick/check cannot be clicked like the X.
A custom set, custom member or custom calculation measure Role based security prevents viewing of this component message WFA query workspace investigate , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , Problem