In People Profile (PP3), when we attempt to transfer employees to new managers, we get the message "Unknown response status: moveposition." The instance has Position hierarchy as a leading hierarchy
Employee Central: Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to any employee in PP3
2. Go to Job Information. Click on the pencil (edit option)
3. Change the manager to someone
4. Press Save >> Error "Unknown response status: moveposition" appears
This special functionality from Position Management was missed while implementing PP3. However, the pop-up has been carried over which will throw the error.
-Workaround until the feature is implemented in PP3-
To avoid this error in PP3 page, please follow below steps:
1. Go to Admin Center
2. Manage Permission Roles
3. Get into the role the user is assigned to
4. In "Manage Position", deactivate 'Option to move Position to New Supervisor on Job Info Change'
More detailed workaround is as below:
To avoid this error in PP3 page please follow below steps:
1. Remove the option “Option to move Position to New Supervisor on Job Info Change” to unblock the Job Information Save
2. Carry out the position move action (which is done by option 1 ideally) from Position Org Chart i.e.
- Go to the position of the employee for whom you intend to change the supervisor manually
- Click on the Position Card -> Manage
- Insert a new effective dated change to position and change the parent position value to position of the new supervisor
- Save the change
3. After the Position Org Chart is refreshed, the position along with incumbents are moved under the position of new supervisor
4. Also the incumbents Profile would show new supervisor in the manager field
Following the above steps should have the same effect as the option to move position provided by popup in Manager Self Service (MSS) screen of Job Information.
ECT-54920 : Move Position to new supervisor in PP3
"Unknown response status: moveposition." , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Bug Filed