- Why are all follow-up actions disabled ?
- What is the difference between the action Associate Account & Contact and Convert to Account & Contact ?
- Why are a few actions disabled?
- How does the system determine the different parties in a Lead ?
1. Why are all follow-up actions disabled?
In case the Lead is inconsistent, any follow-up actions like conversion will trigger an error message. To verify that a Lead is consistent, you can use the action Check Consistency.
2. What is the difference between the action Associate Account & Contact and Convert to Account & Contact ?
When choosing one of this action, a business partner of type account, a business partner of type contact and the relationship between both objects are activated. The only difference is that when choosing the action Associate Account & Contact the lead can be changed and the status still open.
3. Why are a few actions disabled ?
The activity Maintain Status in fine tuning dictates the behaviour of the different Actions.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant project.
- Select Open Activity List.
- Go to Fine-tune.
- Select the Leads activity.
- Select Maintain Status
You can activate or de-activate a specific action in fine-tuning. Please note that you have the possibility to add custom status (Z-status) as well.
4. How does the system determine the different parties in a Lead ?
The determination of the different parties depend on the rules selected in the fine tuning activity Leads and Maintain Involved Party.
You will find more information in the following documents :
- http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-73198 (Party Role Determination in a Sales Document for Cloud for Customer)
- http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-69214 (Party Determination for Employee Responsible/Owner)
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To