- Target population restrictions (Object based and not user user based) have been applied to the Position MDF object for certain users.
- But the users are able to view information for the restricted positions in the standard Succession tiles:
- Positions by Max Successor Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Positions by Max Successor Readiness (MDF with EC)
- Most Nominated Successor (MDF non-EC)
- Most Nominated Successor (MDF with EC)
- Successor Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Successor Readiness (MDF with EC)
- Successors by Role, Stacked by Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Successors by Role, Stacked by Readiness (MDF with EC)
- This also applies to tile based dashboards built with one or more of the aforementioned tiles
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors MDF Position nomination method + RBP permissions
- SAP SuccessFactors Dashboards
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center>Manage Employees > Manage Permission Roles.
- Search for and choose the role under concern.
- Edit the target population for the role through 'Edit Granting'.
- Restrict the object target population to positions under 'Specify the target population for the other objects'.
- Login / Proxy as the user under concern.
- Access the Succession tile(s) / Dashboard
- The tiles will fetch data for positions which were restricted in step 4.
- Object based target population control for Ad Hoc reports and dashboards for the Succession subdomain have not been enabled in Provisioning.
- Login to provisioning and access the company under concern.
- Click 'Company Settings'.
- Search for and enable the following switch:
Enable Ad hoc row level permission for Succession subdomain schema (only support MDF Position).
- Use the save button near 'Analytics and Dashboard Tabs & Misc Reporting'.
If you are in touch with your Consultant / Implementation partner, they can get the above changes applied.
Else please create a support incident and refer this article.
MDF Position nomination method + RBP permissions, Succession Dashboards , Object target population, RBP, Filter, not respecting , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , Dashboard and YouCalc , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , Problem