No Pay Components are available in the Recurring Deductions portlet, even though the "Recurring" status of the Pay Component is correctly defined (see KBA 2254967 - Pay Component field drop down list is empty for Recurring Deductions)
Employee Central 2.0
This is a configuration issue with the Pay Component object configuration missing the "is-earning" field definition
The "is_earning" flag needs to be configured in CDM under hris element id ="payComponent"
<hris-field id="is-earning" visibility="both" required="false" pii="false">
Then you need to set is_earning as 'No' for Pay Components used in Recurring Deductions.
Please also note, if this field was missing after already implementing multiple Pay Components, you will need to update all Pay Component in the system -:
1) Either edit each Pay Component via the UI, select a value for "Is Earning" (either Yes or No) and then click Save
2) Export all Pay Components (using the Foundation Objects Ad Hoc Report).
- Create an import file using the report output and include all Pay Components.
- Define the value for "Is Earning" (either 0 or 1 / f or t)
- Import the Pay Components via Admin Center > Import Foundation Objects - and use Incremental mode.
NOTE: Although after adding the field to the configuration, in the Manage Organisation Pay and Job Structures UI all of the Pay Components seem to have a value already set in this field, the value is not yet persisted to the database. As the field is a BOOLEAN field, there are only 2 values - True or False - the field does not support "NULL" so it will display typically FALSE in the UI, but as per the Foundation Objects report output, the report will indicate NULL for the field for all Pay Components until the Pay Component is updated.
Recurring Deductions One Time Payment Configuration Issue Employee Central 2.9 Advances Deductions , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-AAD , Advances & Deductions , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To