Could you please advised why some course descriptions in the course catalog show in full while others show a "more" link?
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > CATALOG
- Search for the displayMaxItemDescriptionLength configuration setting. This setting does control the "show more" option in the user catalog search.
# The maximum length (in characters) of a learning item description that displays in the catalog. Default: 100
- The plain text description is used to determine length. HTML tags are ignored.
- All spaces are trimmed. Lead and trailing spaces are removed. Internal spaces are truncated, so " " becomes " " for count purposes.
- If a description has a lot of whitespace in it. That whitespace is being trunctated prior to the length check. That's why it shows the whole block and not the "show more".
catalog, item description length, browser catalog, view item details, max description length , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , LMS Items , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem