After the recent update to the SF Mobile application it is not working on some of the Android devices and its giving a message "SuccessFactors mobile application is not allowed to be activated on a rooted device" as below
- SuccessFactors Mobile App version 5.5 Release on 16th May 2016
- Successfactors LMS
- Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
Open SF Application on your mobile device and you will see the message
As of 1605 there are added additional security checks added to the Android activation process which checks for suspicious software that is commonly used for gaining privileged access to devices.
This can indicate one of the following scenarios:
- The user has personally installed a custom ROM or firmware on their device.
- The manufacturer of the device is currently including this software as a part of the firmware. We have found this to be the case with devices from Chinese manufacturers such as Xiaomi, OPPO, OnePlus, Huawei and some Asus phone.
- Some malware has been installed on the device.
The SAP SuccessFactors Mobile app cannot be activated on devices that put customer's data at risk. This includes rooted or jailbroken devices or devices with suspicious applications installed to grant Super User or Root User rights.
To protect personal data and corporate data, we cannot activate the SuccessFactors application on the device. Our recommendation is to have you to check with your IT department for your corporate security and device management policies for recommendations on how to manage this situation.
Mobile Application Requirements section under the HCM Suite End User System Requirements - System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites for SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite at: HCM Suite End User System Requirements
SF Mobile App, Jailbreak, Rooted Device , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-FWK-MOB , Mobile Framework , Problem