In the example below you will see how easy it is to build a Catalist view that supports a rolling time series. We will start with data from February through March to start off with and then we will update the source Excel file with data for March through May.
1. Here is a snapshot of the original excel file.
2. We have built a Catalist view with a Column chart in the card (medium chart) and added this chart to the swipeable objects so that we will see the microchart version.
3. We have updated the data so it now ranges between March and May.
4. Update the source file for the RBI in the Project Gallery by clicking the button below a project. This reveals the Project Information page. If the data source file used to create the report was uploaded from your computer, an Update button appears next to the Source field. Click on this button and choose your excel file with the March > May data.
5. After updating the source spreadsheet for this Catalist view and tapping refresh, I can now see that the data has been updated both in the card (medium chart) as well as the microchart.
It is important to note a few things:
- The data must be grouped in the source excel file from the beginning
- You need to have at least 2 columns in the merged group
- The group name cannot change to retain the chart
KBA , BI-ROM-CLD-SRC , Roambi Cloud Service , How To