As your business data changes you need to empower your Roambi users with the latest data. RoambiScript allows you to programmatically upload a local xls or csv to your organization's library in Roambi Business. By overwriting the source file that is feeding one or many Roambi visualizations, end users will be able to view, interact with and take action on the most up-to-date data. This article will walk you through the steps to programmatically get local data into your Roambi Library.
- SAP Roambi Cloud
Now that all the pieces are in place, let's get started.
- Download the following attachments:
- Let's open up update.csv and evaluate the fields.
1. PROP_PATH this is the location and filename for the properties file that is created using the "configure" option.
2. FILE: name of the file which you will be pushing to the Roambi Library.
3. TARGET: the name of the file you are replacing
Note: If you have more than one file to update, simply add more rows to this csv.
- Now let's open up mkdir_upload.cmd to see what's going to happen when it comes time to run this program.
1. FOR loop that points the program to "update.csv" for the following parameters:
- PROP_PATH: path to the properties file
- FILE: name of the local file to be pushed to the Roambi Library folder called, "folder"
- TARGET: the name of the file you are replacing
2. Setting variables for the columns in the csv file.
3. Roambiscript command to update an excel file in the Roambi Library using the arguments from the csv file.
- Open the command prompt and navigate to the folder that contains "update.cmd"
- Enter update.cmd
- Hit Enter and the program will update the appropriate files in the Roambi Library.
NOTE: if you have spaces in your folder or file name, make sure to wrap that portion of the command in double quotes. Example: "My File Name.xls"
Now that you have your RoambiScript file (update.cmd) validated and working as expected, it's time to schedule this program to run automatically. See the next article titled, "How do I schedule a RoambiScript to run at a specific interval?" for more information.
roambiscript, automate, source file, xls, csv , KBA , BI-ROM-CLD-PUB-BI , Roambi Cloud publishing clients – BI, Cognos & SSR , Problem