When running an Advanced Reporting for EC report a user experiences a message [Role based security prevents the viewing of this component]
Online Report Designer
Reproducing the Issue
From the reporting menu > select report > select filters if applicable > done > message displays
From Report Designer > select report > select preview report > select filters if applicable > done > message displays
Find another user that can run the report successfully and has access to Report Designer. Log in or proxy as the user that can run the report successfully. Create a copy of the report. Use this copied report to start troubleshooting using the following:
Note: a user would need to edit the component(s) on the report designer page editor to view the underlying query
1. check the columns used in the report and check the affected user can view the information in EC for example employees
- if the user can view this information go to step 2
- if the user CANNOT view the information, check RBP for that user for the affected columns. You can also remove the affected columns from the report to see if the rest of the report can be run by the affected user
2. check filters in the report
- try to remove all built in filters and re-run the report as the affected user
3. remove calculated columns
- try to remove any calculated columns (that may use columns not contained in the report) and re-run the report as the affected user
4. check design of the query in the "Objects" tab
- try to remove any objects, one at a time, that are not joined to 2 other ojects/at the end of the design that contain no columns - re-run the report as the affected user
- try then to remove any objects, one at a time, that are not joined to 2 other ojects/at the end of the design that contain columns - re-run the report as the affected user
5. If the affected user still cannot run the report successfully when there is only one object, no filters and no calculated columns then the issue will lie with the one object and columns left in the design of the report.
- start removing columns one by one and re-running the report as the affected user after each column is removed until the RBP factor is found and the report starts running as the affected user.
If the issue cannot be found using these troubleshooting tips, please log a support incident for assistance.
Advanced Reporting ODS Realms , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To