This Knowlege Base Article explain how to configure the Internal Job History portlet.
Step 1: Request Activation of Internal Job History Portlet.
- In order to activate an Internal Job History , Please Contact Employee central , Cloud Product Support Engineering Team.
Please mention this KBA: 2320311 How To Configure or Activate Internal Job History Portlet In Employee Central
- You can request EC team to Rename field:Include In Work Experience by label" : ( Display in Internal Job History Portlet or My Internal Job History etc.) below
- Please Go to Step 2, after activation of your Internal Job History Portlet
Add the following to <hris-element id="eventReason"> section of the XML file.
<hris-field max-length="256" id="include-in-work-experience" visibility="both">
<label>My Internal Job History</label>
<label xml:lang="en-GB">My Internal Job History</label>
- Employee Central Internal Job History.
- Recruiting RCM
Step 2: Event reason
- Login as Admin and go to Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures
- Search Event Reason “Data Change”
- In correction mode, change the " My Internal Job History" Flag to “Yes” and Save.
Repeat step #3 for other valid event reasons. This controls what type of history will default into the new job history portlet. Recommended events to change are “New Hire”, “Job Reclassification”, “Promotion”, “Promotion – No Pay Change”, etc.
Go to Admin > Configure Business Rules and Create A New Rule
Rule ID = emp_job_history
Rule Name = Internal Job History
Base Object = Job Information
Rule Type = Position Management or Employee Updates
Create an “if” statement Event Reason:My Internal Job History = Yes
Step 4: Profile or Employee profile
- Go to Admin > Configure Employee Files and select the view(s) you would like to add the new portlet to.
Example here: Talent Profile
Select “Insert Portlet” where you would like the portlet to show up and “Create and Add” the Internal Job History portet. You may also wish to delete the former “Work Experience Within Company” section since this is now a duplicate.
- Configure the Internal Job History Portlet to include the fields you would like to display and save. Make sure to Save Dashboard when done!
Step 5: Roles Based Permission
- Go to Admin > Manage Permission Roles to give access to the Internal Job History portlet. There is no need to give “edit” access since this is displaying information from Employee Central. Access should be added to System Admin, HR Role, Manager, and Employee Self Service roles.
Step 6: Test
- Enjoy your new Internal Job History portlet! Note: Product management is working on the issue of the start and end dates not lining up. This is supposed to automatically fill in any applicable gaps. If needed, you can leave out the End Date when configuring the portlet in step #4.
Employee Central Internal Job History, Job Information, Job History , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To