How to create a Roambi Trends view
- SAP Roambi Cloud
Best Used With
- Large amounts of granular, periodic data
- Multiple metrics, displayed at one time
- Multiple calendar periodicities
- No hierarchy
- Periodic performance of multiple metrics
Build Your Trends
After importing your data, the Roambi Trends view will be automatically configured and ready to publish, if your data is formatted properly (see data formatting below). To further customize your Pulse view or make changes, tap the "Customize Your Charts" button on the left.
Configuring Trends require you to indicate the Categories and Items to be displayed. To add a category or item, click on the corresponding buttons in the top left corner.
When selecting a category, you will need to set the following options:
- Title. Enter a title for the category. For example, change the name from New Category to Sales by Product Line.
- Units. Select the unit description, if applicable.
- Evaluation Method. Choose from Up is Good, Neutral, or Up is Bad.
If you need to reorder or delete an item, click on Edit at the top right corner.
To indicate the time frames the items should display in, click on Periods
When selecting a period, you will need to set the following options:
- If you want to enable or disable one of the periods from the display, click Edit Periods. Then, turn the desired periods ON and OFF. A green checkmark indicates the periods are in the included state.
- If you want to modify the name or abbreviation, click the desired period. For example, click Day. A menu appears when you can enter a new name or abbreviation. You can also turn the period ON or OFF from the report display.
|Source File Structure||
Supports a maximum of 999 columns or fields. The maximum is further modified by a logical limit which divides the maximum number of columns or fields by the number of periodicities in the report.
|Periodicities||Supports a maximum of five (5) periodicities, similar to swipe fields, which can be configured by the report author.|
|Charts||Step charts viewed in Portrait mode display the 100 most recent data points.|
Analytics Publisher Views Roambi Trends , KBA , BI-ROM-CLD-PUB-BI , Roambi Cloud publishing clients – BI, Cognos & SSR , How To