- This article explains the cause and resolution for a scenario where certain users (roles) face an Application error message when they access the Analytics / ORD sub-tab.
- Online Report Designer (ORD)
- BizX-ORD Single Sign On
Reproducing the Issue
- Login into the instance as one of the affected users.
- Navigate to
Home > Analytics > Analytics
- They encounter the following error message while the other users are able to access Analytics as usual.
- The user's role in ORD (not in BizX) has been assigned a starting page to which the user / role doesn not have access to.
- Login to the instance as a user who has 'User Maintenance' and 'Role Maintenance' access in Analytics
- Navigate to Analytics
- Access Report Designer
- Create a New Report and add a blank page to it. We don't have to add any component to it now.
- Navigate to the Analytics Admin Page.
- Click 'User Maintenance'
- Search for the affected user and make a note of their Role.
- Navigate to the ORD Admin Page and click 'Roles Maintenance'
- Search for and select the role identified in the above step 4.
- Edit the role and change the start page to one the user has /has been granted access to.
- The affected user(s) should now be able to access Analytics
- If they are still facing issues, repeat steps 6 to 9 and make the blank report page (created in step 4) as the starting page.
- If step 11 resolves the issue, it implies that some part of the current configuration restricts the user from access the page or the components of the page assigned earlier.
KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions