You have configured a Business Rule to trigger a workflow for a new hire, but the workflow is NOT getting triggered:
- none of the assigned approvers are getting any workflow request
- nor any of the CC persons are receiving email notifications.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Workflow Derivation Rules
- New Hire Wizard
This can be caused by wrong configuration for the rule which triggers the workflow. Still the rule triggering the workflow will be executed, and can be observed with a Rule Trace, but the WF will not be triggered.
Ensure the following configuration is followed:
- When triggering workflows from the New Hire Wizard this needs to be separated from the rest of cases where workflows are triggered: a specific rule needs to be created, using as a base object Employee Information or Employee Information Model.
- The rule to trigger the New Hire workflow can be put with onSave condition in Job Info, Compensation Info or any element but the base object must be Employee Information / Employee Information Model.
- RBP are not respected for workflows in the New Hire wizard, so the 'Respect Permissions' flag for each person appearing in the hire workflow should be set to NO
NOTE: For additional information, and an example of this rule, you can refer to the Workflow Implementation Guide. In particular point 13.1 Example Workflow Rules for the New Hire UI
Workflow wfConfig Business Rule New Hire Rehire email cc HrisWorkflowNotificationImpl HrisWorkflowCCNotificationImpl , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , Problem