This document lists the different users and their roles during the Implementation of your system:
- Initial User:
After subscription / signing the contract, the User receives an e-mail with the Initial User and password. The first logon into the new system is made with this initial user and password.
The Initial user is responsible for:
- Creating the Implementation Project.
- Completing the Scoping.
- Completing the Milestone - Designed Acceptance.
- Once the Milestone is Completed, the Initial User will be assigned the Service Agent view and then the Initial User can create Service Agents.
- Once the Initial User creates a Service Agent, then the Initial User will be locked.
- Key User:
There can be more than one Key User for a system. The first Key User will be created by the Initial User.
The Key User is responsible for:
- Completing the Fine tuning, Migration, testing and Go-Live.
- Admin activities.
- End User:
User who is responsible for Business processes and Business activities.
This is the most common type of Business User and its creation is triggered automatically whenever a new Employee or new Service Agent is created.
- PDI User:
User who is responsible for performing PDI activities in the system. PDI users cannot access any admin related work centers (Ex: Business Configuration, Application and User Management).
A PDI user is a Business User, with access to the work centers PDI_PARTNER_DEVELOPMENT and PARTNER DEVELOPMENT FOR MCS. This type of Business User is created the same way as an End User (by the creation of an Employee or Service Agent).
- Support User:
Used by Support Engineers to access a customer system and analyze reported incidents.
This type of user cannot be created in a system. It is a technical user and can only be used by SAP.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To