|Click to go back to the main page|
- Reporting training hours and key training data, including user, course, curriculum, organization, catalog, class, competency
- Providing visibility into learning item completions, learning projections, registrations, and curriculum status
- Reporting learning and certification activities, student transcripts
- Compliance and government reporting:
Employees can ensure they’re taking advantage of their allotted hours
Data for legal forms at employee and organizational levels
“The relationship between learning and analytics is often misunderstood and under-utilized.
Typically, when people discuss analytics they are talking about reporting within a specific learning management system. They are talking about course completions, scores, pass rates and usage data.
Whilst useful, this information doesn’t really help you to make the connection with what is happening in your organization, or whether the training is having the desired effect of boosting productivity, improving service and raising levels of efficiency.”
Ed Cohen and Peter Howes, “Learning and Analytics”, SAP SuccessFactors White Paper, 2012.
Training + Assessments = Learning
Level 1 – Reaction: Surveys
Level 2 – Learning: Exams
Level 3 – Behavior: Observational Assessments
Level 4 – Results: Learning Analytics
A Measurement Maturity Model
From learning metrics and analytics to business outcomes
What Customers Get with SAP SuccessFactors
- Create reports and dashboards based on real-time transactional data from SAP SuccessFactors LMS
- Visualize queries in tabular list format, as pivot tables, and in a variety of chart styles
- Powerful formatting, output in PDF, PPT, Word, and Excel
- Schedule and distribute reports
- SAP SuccessFactors Foundation pre-requisite
- Library of LMS metrics related to volume, type, and effectiveness of training
- Benchmarks, definitions & formulas, and analyses
- Available to SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) cloud customers
- Designed around HR’s role as advisor to the business; removes complexity in assembling and communicating insight
- Comprehensive library of 2000+ metrics, HR strategies, predictive models, standard definition and formulas, help tools, etc.
- Transactional benchmarking across industries, regions and company sizes
- Rich content (talent flow models, career-pathing analysis) enables faster utilization of insights
- Multi-organization design, slice & dice deep into a matrix structure
Leverage best practices to drive insight
Purpose: To ensure there is an appropriate balance between goal management and learning activities.
1. How has this changed in the last five years?
2. Are employees with more goals likely to be at risk of not completing learning activities on time?
3. What is the spread between aligned goals and non-aligned goals on a per employee basis?
1. Review development plans regularly to track progress against objectives and revise if they are misaligned with the strategic direction of the organization, or are no longer appropriately assigned.
2. Ensure that learning objectives are addressing key skill and performance deficits.
From 2009 to 2010, training hours delivered decreased for all levels of performance EXCEPT for employees rated as “Unacceptable”.
• Is this outcome consistent with company strategy?
• What is the opportunity cost of failing to invest in training for high performers (those rated “Highly Effective” and “Exceptional”)?
Source: Ed Cohen and Peter Howes, “Learning and Analytics”, SAP SuccessFactors White Paper, 2012.
10. The SuccessFactors Difference
11. Where to find more information
|“Learning and Analytics” White Paper (Available Upon Request to your SAP Sales Owner)|
|Seize the Data – Learning Analytics Blog : http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2013/07/08/seize-the-data-learning-metrics-analytics|
Seize the Data – Learning Analytics HR.com Webinar : http://www.hr.com/en/webcasts_events/webcasts/archived_webcasts_and_podcasts/seize-the-data-%E2%80%93-learning-metrics-and-analytics_hk5y1cl9.html
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, Analytics, ORD, report , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , How To