You are migrating Fixed Assets. While processing the file in the migration tool, in the Simulate Import step you get the error message Cost center XXX does not exist in profit center YYY for fixed asset INTERN-00001-0.
XXX stands for Cost Center ID.
YYY stands for Profit Center ID.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview view
- Open the activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool
- Select the respective Migration Unit and click Execute Migration
- Select the respective Migration Object (Fixed Assets) and click Process File
In the Simulate Import step, you will see the error message in the Log table (you will see one message per affected source record):
Cost Center XXX Does Not Exist in Profit Center YYY For Fixed Asset INTERN-00001-0
Likely causes (mutually exclusive):
- In the org. structure, the org. unit with ID XXX is both Cost Center and Profit Center. In this case, when system tries to derive the Profit Center for the XXX, unit itself is identified as Profit Center, and hence the system raise the error message.
- In the org. structure, the org. unit with ID YYY is not the Profit Center for org. unit XXX. It is the Profit Center hierarchically above the Profit Center for XXX.
You should review your org. structure and correct the Profit Center ID in the Fixed Asset Migration Template accordingly.
After that, the Simulate Import step should finish successfully.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To