- When creating a new dependent within the dependent portlet; users are able to save the new dependent without going into the details section that has mandatory fields.
- SAP Successfactors HCM cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into successfactors.
- Go to employee personal information
- Go to dependent portlet section and click edit
- Create a new dependent filling in name, relationship etc without going into details section (clicking details button).
- Save this new dependent.
- Note how it saved the dependent just fine allthough there are mandatory fields within the details section.
- Currently mandaotry fields are only checked within the details section of the dependent portlet, when navigating into this details section.
- So if you enter only the main information for a new dependent without going into the details section; these mandatory fields are not checked or validated.
- There is already consideration for a possible future enhancement to popup a warning message after filling in a new dependent to make sure to fill in any mandatory fields in the details section when clicking the save button. To date there is no milestone on this yet on when this feature will come.
ECT-41739 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1602 ; SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1605