Employee Central Implementation - Dependents Management FAQ
Reproducing the Issue
Before opening an incident with Product Support
Please be sure that before you open a support incident with Product Support, you have performed the following sanity checks on your configuration/data - bearing in mind most issues are due to a configuration issue -:
- The feature is correctly enabled, as described in the related Implementation Handbook
- Correct permissions are granted to the administrator/end-user to be able to use the tool (as specified in the Implementation Handbook)
- Has the configuration changed recently?
- Was it working before the recent changes?
- Can the recent change be un-done so re-testing can be performed?
- Can the issue be reproduced for just 1 or multiple admins?
- If the issue is reproducible for all it is still likely to be a permissions issue.
- If it seems to be related to 1 or a small admin population - the next step is to check and verify the permissions are correctly granted.
- Is the data correct? (Ensure that any recent configuration changes you have made have not caused any data inconsistencies)
- HHave you verified that, according to the related Implementation Handbook, the feature is configured according to Best Practices recommended in the handbook?
Tips & Tricks
Below are some tips and tricks recommended by Product Support, which you should consider first before opening a Support Incident
Typically most Dependents implementations issues are caused by incorrect or invalid configuration or behaviour expectations. Please ensure you refer to the Adminnistration Handbooks (found here) which includes how to manage the configuration of the Dependents feature. Some notes about implementing this features-:
- You do not need Provisioning access to enable this feature. Please see the updated handbook mentioned above for the new steps.
- The Dependents portlet uses exactly the same elements (database tables) to store information for Dependents as it does for Employees. These tables are Personal Information, Home Address, National ID, Biograpical Information & Global Information. Note that if you change the configuration for one of these elements the change will be reflected for Dependents as well as Employees - you cannot change the way this works - but you can choose to hide a particular section so it is not captured when entering a dependent (such as National ID). This is done via the Business Configuration UI (and this is also mentioned in the Dependents handbok).
- Creating Dependents via import - commonly the admin importing the data performs the steps in the wrong order, which leads to incorrect data being created. OR, the admin uses a person-id for the new Dependent, which is also used by the system when creating actual employees. Doing this can lead to data errors such as -:
- 2287959 - Person ID External already exists
- 2320204 - Dependents: Mandatory fields within dependent portlet details area are not checked or enforced.
- 2276703 - Dependents: “Is Address Same As Employee” field in Dependents Portlet
- 2249120 - Dependents: Fields not showing values in Dependents portlet after clicking save
- 2294322 - Dependents: Changing a Dependents Name also updates the Personal Info record of the Employee (who is also the Dependent)
- 2320050 - How to prevent users from filling in the Dependents Information portlet in Hire or Rehire wizards
- 2312382 - How to hide the Edit option for Dependants Section for PP3?
- 2563383 - Dependents Portlet Is Not Coming In The Employee's Profile
- 2239928 - How to Enable Workflows for Dependents (ECT-26631)
- 2306503 - Dependents: Workflow Configuration Tips & Behaviours
- 2314991 - Workflows are not triggering for Dependents portlet
- 2092840 - How to import Dependent Information
- 2274679 - How to Delete/Delimit Dependents Data via Import
- 2323484 - Error: Unable to import Consolidated Dependents data
- 2186440 - Error: Importing new Dependents via Compound Dependent import using Incremental mode
- 2280959 - Unable to generate an Ad Hoc Report for Dependents data
You should also check the SAP ONE Support Launchpad for any new Knowledge Artciles that are not included in the above list
When opening a support incident, please ensure the following information is attached to the incident
- Screenshot of the Error Message - also copy/paste the content of the error message to the incident if possible (for JAVA errors or errorIds)
- Timestamp - Copy/paste the text from the "Show version information" popup into the incident
- Is the issue replicatable for all users or just some/one?
- Screenshots of granted users Role-Based Permissions settings for Dependents (include the granted users permissions to also Personal Information, Biographical Info, Home Address, National ID and Global Information portlets)
- Screenshots of UI configurations
- Succession & Country Specific Succession Data Model XMLs
- Please provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue you are encountering - preferably including screenshots - Please make sure that the screenshot is full screen (meaning to show complete web page view)
- When creating an issue, please answer following questions (answer whichever is applicable, if a question doesn't apply in a scenario then answer "Not Applicable"):
- Did this issue start recently?
- Was the same feature or functionality working before?
- Is the issue reproducible for other users?
- If the issue is realted to a Picklist or Object field, then please attach an export of the Picklist/Object data
Dependents, Employee Central 2.0, Personal Information, Import , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DPD , Dependents Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To