Employee Central Implementation - Concurrent Employment FAQ
Reproducing the Issue
Before opening an incident with Product Support
Please be sure that before you open a support incident with Product Support, you have performed the following sanity checks on your configuration/data - bearing in mind most issues are due to a configuration issue -:
- The feature is correctly enabled, as described in the related Implementation Handbook
- Correct permissions are granted to the administrator/end-user to be able to use the feature (as specified in the Implementation Handbook)
- Has the configuration changed recently?
- Was it working before the recent changes?
- Can the recent change be un-done so re-testing can be performed?
- Can the issue be reproduced for just 1 or multiple admins?
- If the issue is reproducible for all it is still likely to be a permissions issue.
- If it seems to be related to 1 or a small admin population - the next step is to check and verify the permissions are correctly granted.
- Is the data correct? (Ensure that any recent configuration changes you have made have not caused any data inconsistencies)
- HHave you verified that, according to the related Implementation Handbook, the feature is configured according to Best Practices recommended in the handbook?
Tips & Tricks
Below are some tips and tricks recommended by Product Support, which you should consider first before opening a Support Incident
Typically most Concurrent Employment implementations issues are caused by skipping steps mentioned in the Concurrent Employment Administration Guide (found here). Some notes about implementing this features-:
- Please read through the entire Administration Guide and ensure all steps mentioned in the guide are followed to enable this feature - its less than 20 pages long...
- Do not forget to grant field level permissions to Manage Permission Role > User Permissions > Employee Data > Employment Details > Add new Employment
2092654 - Concurrent Employment FAQ - Employee Central
- 2413277 - Concurrent Employment - How does the UserID get created for a CE?
- 2280189 - How to Add a Concurrent Employment via MSS UI (Take Action menu)
- 2202987 - How to create Concurrent Employments via Import
- 2591630 - Add Concurrent Employment via Manage Pending Hires RCM/ONB
- 2275139 - isPrimary Field is Displaying the Incorrect Value
- 2311548 - Concurrent Employment Event Reason not showing for users with Job Information
- 2511328 - Application Error Editing Biographical Info and/or Adding Concurrent Employment
You should also check the SAP ONE Support Launchpad for any new Knowledge Artciles that are not included in the above list
When opening a support incident, please ensure the following information is attached to the incident
- Screenshot of the Error Message - also copy/paste the content of the error message to the incident if possible (for JAVA errors or errorIds)
- Timestamp - Copy/paste the text from the "Show version information" popup into the incident
- Is the issue replicatable for all users or just some/one?
- Screenshots of granted users Role-Based Permissions settings for Advances
- Screenshots of UI configurations
- Provide the configuration XML if relevant
- Please provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue you are encountering - preferably including screenshots - Please make sure that the screenshot is full screen (meaning to show complete web page view)
- When creating an issue, please answer following questions (answer whichever is applicable, if a question doesn't apply in a scenario then answer "Not Applicable"):
- Did this issue start recently?
- Was the same feature or functionality working before?
- Is the issue reproducible for other users?
- If the issue is realted to a Picklist or Object field, then please attach an export of the Picklist/Object data
Concurrent Employment, Employee Central 2.0, CE, Multiple Employments , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CGA , Global Assignments/ Concurrent Employment , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To