Employee Central Implementation - Contingent Workforce Management FAQ
Reproducing the Issue
Before opening an incident with Product Support
Please be sure that before you open a support incident with Product Support, you have performed the following sanity checks on your configuration/data - bearing in mind most issues are due to a configuration issue -:
- The feature is correctly enabled, as described in the related Implementation Handbook
- Correct permissions are granted to the administrator/end-user to be able to use the tool (as specified in the Implementation Handbook)
- Has the configuration changed recently?
- Was it working before the recent changes?
- Can the recent change be un-done so re-testing can be performed?
- Can the issue be reproduced for just 1 or multiple admins?
- If the issue is reproducible for all it is still likely to be a permissions issue.
- If it seems to be related to 1 or a small admin population - the next step is to check and verify the permissions are correctly granted.
- Is the data correct? (Ensure that any recent configuration changes you have made have not caused any data inconsistencies)
- Have you verified that, according to the related Implementation Handbook, the feature is configured according to Best Practices recommended in the handbook?
Tips & Tricks
Below are some tips and tricks recommended by Product Support, which you should consider first before opening a Support Incident
Please ensure you follow all of the configuration steps in the Implementation Handbook before you try to conduct a test. There are quite some steps that must be completed (loading of picklists, creation of Event Reasons, creation of the Config UI) before you can successfully test the feature, so please be sure to complete all of the configuration steps first prior to conducting testing or opening a Support Incident.
- 2537395 - Contingent Workforce Management - User Assistance Documentation & FAQs
Please refer to the following articles which detail how certain actions should be performed when relating to Contingent Workers:
- How to Rehire a Contingent Worker to a New Work Order
- 2473853 - How to Rehire a Contingent Worker as a Full Time Employee (Permanent)
- How to Rehire a Full Time Employee as a Contingent Worker
- How to extend a Work Order
- How to change the Effective Start Date of the Work Order + Job Info Start Contingent Worker record
- 2476660 - Contingent Worker Specific UI/ Data Model
The following are common errors encountered when implementing Contingent Workforce Management
- 2444267 - Application error when adding contingent worker
- 2343600 - When entering a Contingent Worker – The error message ‘WorkorderownerID must be filled in’
- 2386890 - Contingent Workforce: IsContingentWorker Permission Group - Unable to select "1"
- 2410095 - Error occured when completing the Add Contingent Worker wizard
- 2373096 - Compound Employee API not fetching data for Contingent Workers
- 2611145 - Employee Profile Blocks not Visible for Contingent Workers
- 2537796 - Contingent Workforce: Are Custom MDF portlets and blocks supported for Contingent Workers?
When opening a support incident, please ensure the following information is attached to the incident
- Screenshot of the Error Message - also copy/paste the content of the error message to the incident if possible (for JAVA errors or errorIds)
- Timestamp - Copy/paste the text from the "Show version information" popup into the incident
- Is the issue replicatable for all users or just some/one?
- Screenshots of granted users Role-Based Permissions settings for Advances
- Screenshots of UI configurations
- Please provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue you are encountering - preferably including screenshots - Please make sure that the screenshot is full screen (meaning to show complete web page view)
- When creating an issue, please answer following questions (answer whichever is applicable, if a question doesn't apply in a scenario then answer "Not Applicable"):
- Did this issue start recently?
- Was the same feature or functionality working before?
- Is the issue reproducible for other users?
- If the issue is realted to a Picklist or Object field, then please attach an export of the Picklist/Object data
- Other configuration items that shoulc be considered (and should be checked against the Implementation Handbook are as follows)
- The Configuration UI should be checked - when certain fields are Hidden it can cause unexpected UI behaviour
Contingent Workforce Management, Employee Central 2.0, CWF, LOD-SF-EC-CWF, contingent worker, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CWF , Contingent Workforce , How To