You have added the Bill to (Customer Invoice) characteristic to the Aging List for Receivables report via the Add Field function.
You are now wondering why this field does not display any data for payments to accounts that you have billed.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Receivables workcenter navigate to the Reports - List view.
- Open the Aging List for Receivables report.
- Press on Add Fields.
- In the Characteristic column extend the Dimension: Document References section.
- Extend the Customer Invoice ID characterist and select Bill to in the Display in Report box.
- Press OK.
- Add the Bill to (Cstomer Invoices) characteristic to the rows of the report.
- Now add the Document Type characterisitic from the Not Currently Shown section to the Rows.
- You now notice that this field displays no data for documents of type Payment.
The data displayed in the Bill to (Customer Invoice) field is derived from the data maintained in the Bill to section of Customer invoices and Credit Memos (General Tab/ Involved Parties tab).
In payments as well as migrated credit memos and reposted items this section is not available, which is the reason for the Bill to (Customer Invoice) field to display # - Not assigned.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To