You are migrating Open Items Receivable or Open Items Payable for a company based in India. While processing the file in the migration tool, in the Simulate Import step you get the error message Service call failed; report an incident.
This case document is relevant for India.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview view
- Open the activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool
- Select the respective Migration Unit and click Execute Migration
- Select the respective Migration Object (Open Items Receivable or Open Items Payable) and click Process File
In the Simulate Import step, you will see the error message in the Log table (you will see one message per affected source record):
Service call failed; report an incident
In the Data Migration Template you are migrating tax data related to the open items but left blank the Permanent Establishment ID field, which is responsible for identifying the tax reporting location.
Since in India the tax legislation is different by region, the tax reporting location is mandatory.
You should maintain the Permanent Establishment ID in the Data Migration Template for Open Items Payable or Open Items Receivable. This field is hidden by default and can be made visible in the Tax Data sheet> Tax Location group.
For further details, you can also check the Field List sheet within the template.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To