You created a realignment Run, but it is not running reliably and not consistently deriving the territories.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Suppose that you have a realignment run with the following criteria:
If Country = US
Territory = XYZ (XYZ represents the name of the territory).
And that you have account 123 with Country = US (123 represents the Account ID).
When you go to:
- Go to the Customers work centre.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Open account 123.
- Go to the Sales Territory facet.
- Note that the territory was not realigned.
- Click the Actions button.
- Choose the Derive Territory option.
- Note that the territory is now being derived; this however might in some cases still not work as expected.
The operator for the Rule Valid From and Rule Valid to attribute is not set correctly and this causes the realignment run to run not consistently.
In order for the territory to be derived reliably avoid using the operator Equal to for the Rule Valid From and Rule Valid to column in the rules.
The rule engine has no context available and thus can not interpret Rule Valid From, for the engine every column is just a value which needs to be compared with the account's attribute or with today's date using the operator specified with the value.
Please use the operators Greater or Equal and Less or Equal.
Realignment Run, Realignment rules, Operator, Valid From, Territory Rules. , KBA , LOD-CRM-TM , Territory Management , How To